<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I’m back. And in fine form, I might add. I hope someone out there has been reading the NY Times as religiously as I have in the last week. If you haven’t, you should start. The incessant whining of the lefty op-ed contributors is priceless. However, one of these crybaby columns I ran across is from a guy named Garry Wills. (I’d love to link to this piece, but the Times, being the capitalistic corporation they are, require you to pay for “achieved” articles.) Wills piece was appropriately entitled “The Day the Enlightenment Went Out”; that day being November 3d. Wills rambles on a bit about the religious right is killing America and pushing her back to the dark ages, etc. Near the end of the piece, Wills makes this statement: “Can a nation that believes in the Virgin birth, but not evolution, truly be considered enlightened?” Hopefully I’m quoting him correctly, but if not, I’m really really close.

Last time I checked, both were on the same level as far as proven theories go. (then again, I guess that when a theory is conclusively proven, it becomes law) But that’s just it. They’re both theories. So instead of berating and belittling the faith of millions of Americans, you and your liberal posse open your eyes and realize that “the faith” isn’t held only by “moronic middle-America”. This election should be a wake-up call to liberals everywhere. America sent this message: “Quit trying to kill God”.

And I think that liberals must realize that by pushing their agenda through the court system, they’re pissing a lot of people off. Instead of having elected officials that represent the people changing the law, we have judges who are held in rare political check. I think Republicans can thank the Massachusetts Supreme Court for ensuring this victory. Without their ruling on gay marriage, there would be no push for constitutional amendments and the like. Now liberals must realize that they’re only ally, the courts, ended up biting them in the ass.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?